I was compiling the directions on how to get to the various businesses run by either Super Junior and/or their parents and I couldn’t find directions to Kyuhyun’s Mom House until I went to the website.
If you are like me (needs landmarks and pictures), then here’s the directions for you (:
1. Take the train to Myeongdong Station (Line 4).
2. Look for Exit 2 and 3 towards Namsan Park.
3. Stay focused! There will be shops selling merchandise. Keep calm and carry on ;p
4. Keep going towards Exit 2 and 3.
5. When you reach the end, you will have 2 choice – Turn Left for Exit 2 or Turn Right for Exit 3. I know the map says Exit 2 but take Exit 3! There’s escalator! So rare in Korea!
6. Once you are out in the open air, just turn left twice (i.e do a 180 degree turn).
7. Then walk straight. You will pass by Exit 2 and you can see “Mom House” sign amidst the tall buildings.
8. Walk straight and cross the zebra crossing. Constructions ongoing on your right.
9. Walk pass the traffic light and turn right at the zebra crossing and into the lane. Landmark: Hotel Prince.
10. After turning into the lane, you will see “Seoul Namsan Elementary School” at the end of the road. And MOM House will be smiling at you.
11. Walk right in (or run if you must) and you can see Mom House on your right (:
I have been there twice. Once to check out the cafe and once to study. Saw Kyu’s mum at the hostel side of the business on the first trip and saw Kyu’s dad on my second trip. Kyu’s dad is so friendly! He greeted us. He sounded so much like Kyu and it was so unexpected that I got shocked and didn’t reply. So rude please!
The cafe is a pretty nice place to study or just chill (: There’s no windows for the most part but you can stone to the SJ related videos that’s constantly playing on the screen. Was rather distracted by the screen when I went there to study ;p
The barista was rather nice and gave me a loyalty card 😀
With that said, I haven’t eaten there yet. But the drinks are quite reasonably priced. 4000 won for a cup of vanilla latte. It’s a little on the bitter side. Then again….all coffee is bitter to me ;p I have a sweeeeeeetttt tooth. So yeah. That’s it from me 😀
MoBit, Mom House checked! 3 more to go! (: